Updated March 2021:
1: Attention teachers, student teachers or youth workers: We are seeking two energetic and passionate Children's Educational Acting Instructors to join our team this summer!
You will educate students using our unique Sparx Studio curriculum that is made up of enjoyable acting activities and objectives from the Ontario Curriculum. At Sparx, we teach valuable social-emotional skills such as, how to deal with bullying, anxiety, inclusion and public safety. The classes are designed for the kids to have fun and learn at the same time! Our mission is to decrease the growing number of youth mental health issues through our fun and educational programs.
This is a great job to gain experience, be creative and feel rewarded.
To read more details about us, please visit our website: .
Contract Position Details:
1) Contract will be for a minimum of 5 weeks throughout July and August at either of our two camp locations in Bloor West Village or Midtown, Toronto. (Monday-Friday from 9:00 am to 3:00 or 4:00 pm).
2) You will teach activities from our Sparx Studio Curriculum with a provided schedule and lesson plans. You will follow and implement all COVID-19 healthy and safety procedures. Training will also be provided at $15/hour.
3) Pay is $17/hour.
4) This contract comes will the possibility of renewal upon Fall 2021 for a part time school year position.
- Establish and maintain a positive, energetic and friendly environment for both parents and children. (We pride ourselves on having families feel as comfortable as possible).
- Manage and educate students in a classroom-like setting.
- Teach engaging and fun lessons while adhering to the established teaching curriculum.
- Maintain a structured and organized environment by following company guidelines.
- Maintain communication and report an overview of all classes to the company owner.
- Maintain the health and safety of all students at all times.
- At least 3 years of experience in teaching or being a leader a group of children in a structured and professional environment.
- Strong passion for teaching and working with children.
- Energy! We need someone who can pump up the kids and have fun while they work.
- Superb management skills. (We often have kids who are very shy, have been bullied, are anxious, etc. We are looking for educators who can confidently handle these situations.)
- A valid police check conducted within the last 6 months or full agreement to do one upon being hired ASAP.
- Valid certification in Standard First Aid Level C including Infant and Child CPR/AED.
- Acting experience is a plus but not mandatory.
Please apply by:
1: Emailing a resume and cover letter to our founder and owner Alana Schober at .
No phone calls please and only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Thanks so much!