Updated March 2022:
Seeking: Summer Camp Educational Acting Children’s Instructor at Bloor West, Midtown & Etobicoke locations!
We are seeking multiple energetic, hardworking and passionate Children's Educational Acting Instructors to join our Sparx Studio team this summer (and hopefully you can stay with us longer for our Fall/Spring programs and Winter/March Break Camps!)
You will educate students using our unique Sparx Studio curriculum that is made up of enjoyable acting activities and objectives from the Ontario Curriculum. At Sparx, we teach valuable social-emotional skills such as how to deal with bullying, anxiety, inclusion and public safety. The classes are designed for the kids to have fun and learn at the same time! Our mission is to decrease the growing number of youth mental health issues through our fun and educational programs.
This is a great job to gain experience, be creative and feel rewarded. And a great opportunity for teachers or student teachers as well!
To read more details about us, please visit our website: www.sparxstudioacting.com.
Contract Position Details:
1) The summer contract will be for 7 weeks between the weeks of July 4th and August 19th at various locations in Bloor West Village and/or Midtown, Toronto and/or Etobicoke. Even though we can’t guarantee for sure, you may request to work at a specific location(s) and that we will do our best to accommodate you. However, please know that you could be placed at any one of the locations.
2) We would need you to be available from Monday to Friday as early as 8:20 am until the latest 4:15 pm, for reference our camp hours are from 9:00am - 3:00pm with sometimes aftercare until 4pm).
3) Pay is $20/hour
4) You will teach activities from our Sparx Studio Curriculum with a provided schedule and lesson plans. You will follow and implement all COVID-19 healthy and safety procedures. Rate of pay for training will also be provided at $15/hour. Must be available on June 27th for a full day of training . Details will be provided upon offer of employment.
5) This contract has the possibility of renewal upon Fall 2022 for a part time school year position.
- Establish and maintain a positive, energetic and friendly environment for both parents and children. (We pride ourselves on having families feel as comfortable as possible).
- Manage and educate students in a classroom-like setting.
- Teach engaging and fun lessons while adhering to the established teaching curriculum.
- Maintain a structured and organized environment by following company guidelines.
- Maintain communication and report an overview of all classes to the company managers.
- Maintain the health and safety of all students at all times.
- At least 2 years of experience in teaching or being a leader of a group of children in a structured and professional environment.
- Strong passion for teaching and working with children.
- Energy! We need someone who can pump up the kids and have fun while they work.
- Superb management skills. (We often have kids who are very shy, have been bullied, are anxious, etc. We are looking for educators who can confidently handle these situations.)
- A valid police check conducted within the last 6 months or full agreement to do one upon being hired ASAP.
- Valid certification in Standard First Aid Level C including Infant and Child CPR/AED.
- Acting experience is a plus but not mandatory.
Please apply by:
1: Emailing a resume and cover letter to our founder and owner Alana Schober at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please and only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Thanks so much!