MIDTOWN FULL DAY- Educational Acting Summer Camps
Welcome to Sparx Studio's 2021 Midtown Educational Acting Summer Camps!
For children enrolled in Senior Kindergarten to Grade 7 for the 2021/2022 School Year.
Full Day Summer Camps will run from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm in Midtown at 240 Manor Road East in Manor Road United Church.
We encourage all personality types to join us, as Sparx is perfect for not only the outgoing spotlight-lover, but also kids who may be shy and nervous to open up. At Sparx, our acting classes are designed to make each child feel special and embrace their individual strengths!
- Your child will experience 5 days of education, creativity and most importantly...fun! Each camp day will offer Educational Acting games, lessons and activities based around social-emotional growth and objectives from the Ontario Curriculum. NO acting experience is necessary!
In addition to learning about social-emotional skills, such as how to cope with bullying, anxiety and public safety; children will learn valuable acting techniques that will help increase their confidence, imagination and public speaking skills.
The best part is that your child will have a blast and not even realize they are learning!
*BONUS: Students will write and perform a social distanced 'Sparx Showcase' for friends and family on the last day of camp!
Children Will Also:
- Participate in various educational and enjoyable acting exercises including games, scene work and improvisation.
- Use experiential and play-based learning to effectively problem solve in situations.
- Build confidence and independence.
- Be mentored and encouraged to make strong choices that will help grow their unique selves!
Children will be placed in groups according to their birth year. Our older student's will be in the 'Big Sparx' camp and the younger will be in the 'Little Sparkies' camp! This will be done as best as possible based upon that week's sign ups. You are able to send friend requests who ARE in the *same age range to be together in a camp group. *(If a camp is NOT sold out, we may be able to accomodate requests to have a Little Sparky join a Big Sparx group or vice versa. However, please note this is not guaranteed. We thank you for your understanding.)
PLEASE ENSURE YOU TYPE THE CORRECT CAMP WEEK(S) FROM THE LIST BELOW IN THE TEXT INFORMATION BOX:
CAMP WEEK OPTIONS:
- July 12-16th
- July 26-30th
- Aug 9-13th
- Aug 16-20th
EXTRA CAMP & COVID-19 INFORMATION
Please bring a lunch, two snacks, a full waterbottle and any necessary medicial devices/equipment. (A detailed camp email will be sent to you a week before your course start date providing more information).
Children will be going outside. Therefore, please provide your child with comfortable weather appropriate clothing and accessories.
After purchase, a confirmation email will be sent to ensure your payment and sign up was received.
A few days before the camp, you will receive a reminder email providing details about the camp.
*Please contact us in advance at email@example.com or 437-925-8559 if you have any special requests or questions about registering your child(ren).
*If you have a promo code please note it is applied to a limit of one child's order.
*You will be required to sign a COVID waiver in order for your child to participate. (Please email if you have additionally questions on this).
-Min. of 3 kids per camp needed for a camp to run. If not met, customers will receive a full credit, refund or we will combine the Big Sparx and Little Sparkies groups.
*We are running all of our Sparx In-Person programs in accordance to Toronto Public Health's childcare COVID protocols and procedures. Please read below for full details:
Our COVID-19 Sparx Fall Course Procedures:
- All Sparx instructors will receive extra, in-depth COVID-19 response training in order to follow up to date provincial health and safety rules for childcare.
- A max number of persons will be allowed in one camp group (including instructors) as per the current provincial regulations.
- All students, instructors and guardians will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 and asked questions about how they feel before entering each class. If your child or anyone else in your household feels unwell, been in contact with someone with COVID or have been outside of Ontario in the past 14 days, we will ask you to go home. If you're already feeling unwell the morning of your class, please stay home and email us before your class to let us know you are unable to make it; however as much advance notice as possible is preferred (i.e. if you feel unwell the day before, then please email us then).
- All students will be encouraged to stay socially distant as best as they can. We fully understand that this is difficult for children and will always regulate this in a realistic and gentle manner.
- We ask that students follow the current childcare laws in regards to mask wearing in accordance to current Ontario government and church regulations.
- The classroom and bathrooms will be wiped down before, during and after class.
- Children will have multiple hand washing breaks through out the camp.
- We will have plenty of hand sanitizer and bacterial cleaning spray on hand.
- We will have a response plan if a child shows symptoms of COVID-19 or if we think they have been exposed.
- Daily attendance will be recorded to track any contact.
- All drop-offs and pick-ups will be made outside of the building. No parents or visitors will be allowed inside.
- Our final 'Sparx Showcase' (the play they will write and perform on the last day) will be performed outside and everyone will practice social distancing.
- We have removed the majority of our toys and game equipment that could easily spread germs.
- Any equipment that we do give the kids (i.e. colouring pencils) will be sanitized and distributed by an instructor before and after use.
- All Sparx lessons and activities have been modified to work (and still be fun!) with all of these changes.
Sparx offers a generous and consistent refund and course credit policy. We know that things can change and we want to be fair to you while protecting our small business:
- If we are notified 10 days or more before the first class: We will happily either fully refund your fees minus a 7.5% processing fee OR fully credit your payment towards a future program within the next 12 months!
- If you notify us within 9 to 4 days before the first class: At this point we have little chance of booking another student after reserving this space for you! We are happy to split your payment with you and refund you 50% of your fees. We are also happy, if you choose, to keep 75% of your payment and credit it towards a future program within the next 12 months!
- Notification within 72 hours before a course begins: This is very hard on our small business. But we still want to help! We will refund you 33% of your fees. We are also happy, if you choose, to keep your payment and credit 50% of it towards a future program within the next 12 months!
-Transfer Camp Week: We offer a 24 hour grace period with no transfer fee from the time your original booking was received (subject to spots being available). If over 24 hours and you would like to change the camp week you signed up for towards another week (i.e you had a schedule change or double booking) please send an E- transfer payment messaged "Transfer Of Program To __your chosen date___" to firstname.lastname@example.org of $10/child. Once again this is subject to a spot being available, if not our standard refund policy applies.
*Please note that if you cancel before the camp begins due to a positive COVID result, we will give you a credit towards another camp/program of your choice that has available space. If you do not choose the credit option, we offer a 50% refund.
**If Sparx Studio, our location facility, Ontario Government or City of Toronto decides to not allow in-person classes due to COVID-19, Sparx will offer a discounted virtual course in its place, refund minus a 7.5% admin & processing fee or full credit.**
-Promo Codes, Discounts & Special Sales: Customers can use these at the time of their current registration as long as it is still within the valid usage dates and for the correctly advertised product. Sparx Studio is not responsible nor will refund customers forgetting or missing out on a discount, promo or sale.
BEFORE YOU COMPLETE YOUR BOOKING...
Please ensure you have read and agree with our COVID procedures and refund policy.
In order to check out, you must fill out the two mandatory text boxes. Make sure to complete all details in order to not be bothered by us later!