MIDTOWN EDUCATIONAL ACTING
** POSTPONED DUE TO EMERGENCY BRAKE SHUTDOWN- April 1st, 2021 **
Welcome to our Educational Acting Courses for children in Junior Kindergarten to Grade 6!
- Your child will experience 6 classes of education, creativity and most importantly...fun! Each course day offers new Educational Acting games, lessons and activities based around social-emotional growth and objectives from the Ontario Curriculum. NO acting experience is necessary!
In addition to learning about social-emotional skills, such as how to cope with bullying, anxiety, COVID-19 and public safety; children will learn valuable acting techniques that will help increase their confidence, imagination and public speaking skills.
The best part is that your child will have a blast and not even realize they are learning!
*BONUS: Students will write and perform a social distanced 'Sparx Showcase' for friends and family on the last day of the course!
Students Will Also:
– Use experiential and play-based learning to effectively problem solve.
– Build independence.
- Be mentored and encouraged to make strong choices that will help grow their unique selves! Older students in the class (Big Sparx), will be encouraged to help mentor the younger students and be assistants the class instructor!
- Meet new friends!
- (Most importantly...) Ignite their inner Sparx!
PLEASE SELECT YOUR COURSE FROM THE LIST BELOW AND WRITE THE NAME OF IT FIRST IN THE MANDATORY FIELD BOX BEFORE CHECKOUT:
Name---> "SPRING MIDTOWN"
Course Details: Every Monday for 6 Weeks (April 19, 26, May 3, 10, 17, *31st) from 4:15 to 5:45 pm at 'Manor Road United Church' 240 Manor Road East (near Mt.Pleasant and Eglinton) in Midtown. *NO CLASS ON VICTORIA DAY!
*FREE FIRST CLASS TRIAL: April 12th. Try us out to see if it is a good fit! There is no obligation to sign up after. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register and include the information below:
*(For new Sparx customers only)
CHILD'S NAME & DOB (YYYY/MM/DD):
ANY ALLERGIES OR MEDICAL CONDITIONS:
CLASS LOCATION: Midtown or Bloor West
PARENT CONTACT & PHONE NUMBER:
IF we do not sell out a course, we will happily accomodate daily class drop ins! For that, please contact us prior to payment and we will let you know if we have space for your child. The cost per child/class will be $50.85 (tax is included) due via E-Transfer to email@example.com. The payment must be received before the start of the class in order to attend.
EXTRA INFORMATION-PLEASE READ BEFORE CHECKOUT
*Please contact us in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 437-925-8559 if you have any special requests or questions about registering your child(ren).
*If you have a promo code please note it is applied to a limit of one child's order.
*You will be required to sign a COVID waiver in order for your child to participate. (Please email if you have additionally questions on this).
*All that is required for class time for your child is comfortable clothing, a water bottle, and any necessary medicial devices/equipment. (A detailed camp email will be sent to you a week before your course start date providing more information).
-Min. of 3 kids per week needed for a course to run. If not met, customers will receive a full credit or refund.
*We are running all of our Sparx In-Person programs in accordance to Toronto Public Health's childcare COVID protocols and procedures. Please read below for full details:
Our COVID-19 Sparx Fall Course Procedures:
- All Sparx instructors will receive extra, in-depth COVID-19 response training in order to follow up to date provincial health and safety rules for childcare.
- Only 8 students will be allowed in one course group (with two instructors) as per provincial regulations.
- All students, instructors and guardians will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 and asked questions about how they feel before entering each class. If your child or anyone else in your household feels unwell, been in contact with someone with COVID or have been outside of Ontario in the past 14 days, we will ask you to go home. If you're already feeling unwell the morning of your class, please stay home and email us before your class to let us know you are unable to make it; however as much advance notice as possible is preferred (i.e. if you feel unwell the day before, then please email us then).
- All students will be encouraged to stay socially distant as best as they can. We fully understand that this is difficult for children and will always regulate this in a realistic and gentle manner.
- We will follow the current childcare laws in regards to mask wearing at the time of the course and update you in the week before email.
- The classroom and bathrooms will be wiped down before and after class. (and during if needed).
- Children will have 3 hand washing breaks through out the class. (sinks are located in the room luckily!)
- We will have plenty of hand sanitizer and bacterial cleaning spray on hand.
- We will have a response plan if a child shows symptoms of COVID-19 or if we think they have been exposed.
- Daily attendance will be recorded to track any contact.
- All drop-offs and pick-ups will be made outside of the building. No parents or visitors will be allowed inside.
- Our final 'Sparx Showcase' (the play they will write and perform on the last day) will be performed outside and everyone will practice social distancing.
- We have removed the majority of our toys and game equipment that could easily spread germs.
- Any equipment that we do give the kids (i.e. colouring pencils) will be sanitized and distributed by an instructor before and after use.
- All Sparx lessons and activities have been modified to work (and still be fun!) with all of these changes.
Sparx offers a generous and consistent refund and course credit policy. We know that things can change and we want to be fair to you while protecting our small business:
- If we are notified 10 days or more before the first class: We will happily either fully refund your fees minus a 7.5% processing fee OR fully credit your payment towards a future program within the next 12 months!
- If you notify us within 9 to 4 days before the first class: At this point we have little chance of booking another student after reserving this space for you! We are happy to split your payment with you and refund you 50% of your fees. We are also happy, if you choose, to keep 75% of your payment and credit it towards a future program within the next 12 months!
- Notification within 72 hours before a course begins: This is very hard on our small business. But we still want to help! We will refund you 30% of your fees. We are also happy, if you choose, to keep your payment and credit 50% of it towards a future program within the next 12 months!
*Please note that anything COVID related is not an exemption to this policy. We thank you for your understanding.
**If Sparx Studio, our location facility or the City of Toronto decides to not allow in-person classes due to COVID-19, Sparx will offer a discounted virtual course in its place. If the customer chooses to opt out of the virtual program, they can choose between a full credit with no expiry date or a refund minus a 10% processing fee. **
BEFORE YOU COMPLETE YOUR BOOKING...
-Please review and agree to our COVID-19 and class guidelines before completeing your booking.
-Please answer all of the questions in the mandatory information box in the upper right corner of the sign up page to guarantee you won't be bothered later for missing information. You will receive a confirmation email to ensure your payment was received and an additional email providing details about the class.