Teen Educational Acting
Welcome to Sparx Studio's Teen Educational Acting Programs for student's in Grade 8 to 12!
This is a great opportunity for teens to socially interact while maintaining social distancing.
The course is taught by an experienced Sparx instructor who is also a Child and Youth Worker. It will consist of an advanced and in-depth look into common social-emotional concepts & scenarios that teens can likely experience. It will also include a ton of beneficial and fun acting skills that will progress your teen's confidence & public speaking skills! Below are the concepts and lessons your teen will explore:
- How to make COVID-19 easier for everyone at home & in the community (for you and others)
- Courage & social tips to help ease anxiety
- How to deal with bullying and cyberbullying (plus online safety)
- Emotional Intelligence exercises
- Scene Study
- Character development
- Film & TV, Commercial Audition Skills
- Improvisational Skills
- How to write, rehearse and perform a play
Activities will include communication, creativity, collaboration and critical thinking skills. The vibe of the class will be quite therapeutic and the students will have a great chance to socially support and interact with one another.
PLUS: A Virtual Play Performance will be presented online on the last day of the course! The play will be created from their ideas.
COURSE NAME: SUNDAY TEEN COURSE
(5 WEEK COURSE)
Feb 21, Feb 28, March 7, March 14, March 21
CLASS TIME: 1:00-2:30 PM
What Will YOUR Teen Get Out Of This Course?- Daily stimulation, creativity and engagement- Improved academic focus- Improved imagination and acting skills- Advanced critical thinking skills- Advanced social-emotional intelligence and common situation coping techniques (i.e. how to build up confidence, empowerment and courage)- An increased appreciation towards others- How to work and solve situations independently AND as part of a team- FUN... and a wonderful way to release built up energy!
- We will accept 7 students in each class. First come first serve!
- All classes will be held on ZOOM (free to use). We will email you the link that will take you to the class in advance.
- Please only sign up if you have a working computer, microphone, web cam and a reliable internet connection.
-If we do NOT sell out a course/camp, we would be able to offer $35+tax day drop in classes.
-Min. of 3 teens per class needed for a course to run. If not met, customers will receive a full credit or refund.
Sparx offers a generous and consistent refund and course credit policy. We know that things can change and we want to be fair to you while protecting our small business:
- If we are notified 10 days or more before the first class: We will happily either fully refund your fees minus a 7.5% processing fee OR fully credit your payment towards a future program within the next 12 months!
- If you notify us within 9 to 4 days before the first class: At this point we have little chance of booking another student after reserving this space for you! We are happy to split your payment with you and refund you 50% of your fees. We are also happy, if you choose, to keep 75% of your payment and credit it towards a future program within the next 12 months!
- Notification within 72 hours before a course begins: This is very hard on our small business. But we still want to help! We will refund you 30% of your fees. We are also happy, if you choose, to keep your payment and credit 50% of it towards a future program within the next 12 months!
*Please note that anything COVID related is not an exemption to this policy. We thank you for your understanding.
BEFORE YOU COMPLETE YOUR BOOKING...
Please answer all of the questions in the mandatory information box in the upper right corner of the sign up page to guarantee you won't be bothered later for missing information. You will receive a confirmation email to ensure your payment was received and an additional email providing details about the class.